What personal information does Teusner & Co collect?
Teusner & Co collects personal information such as your name and date of birth, your contact details (eg address, email address, phone number), information about your dealings with us or with our clients, and/or, information and documents relevant to our work for our clients.
Why does Teusner & Co collect and use personal information?
Teusner & Co only collects and uses personal information for the purposes for which it was provided to us, related purposes or as permitted or required by law. Such purposes may include:
- conducting our business of providing legal and conveyancing services;
- providing you and/or our client with requested services, and communicating about the same;
- processing payments;
- managing relationships with contractors/third parties;
- quality assurance, IT security and operations, and training purposes;
- improving and marketing our services including developing our knowledge management resources, maintaining a database of clients and matters that support our internal systems;
- personnel management, and/or;
- complying with our legal and professional obligations including without limit checking for conflicts of interest.
In certain circumstances we may be required by law or Court or Tribunal order to collect and or disclose certain personal information about you.
How does Teusner & Co collect and store personal information?
In most situations Teusner & Co collect your personal information directly from you – typically face to face during appointments with you, via telephone, our website, email or hardcopy and/or online forms.
Teusner & Co may also collect information from third parties, such as a company in which you are a shareholder or officeholder, your family members, legal guardian and/or anyone you have authorised to deal with us on your behalf, your employer, your insurer, and/or anyone seeking our services in relation to their dealings with you.
Teusner & Co stores information in both hardcopy and electronic files. We will use reasonable efforts to establish secure storage of information and to limit access to the databases and files that hold personal information to authorised personnel only.
Who does Teusner & Co disclose personal information to?
Your personal information may be confidentially disclosed to other entities. Such entities generally include:
- your representatives (such as your financial advisors);
- government bodies, Courts, regulators, law enforcement agencies and any other parties where authorised or required by law;
- any other entities identified at the time of collecting your personal information or to which we are legally required to disclose your personal information;
- our third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide, manage or administer a service offered through (such as our IT service providers, organisations providing secure storage and archiving services, and insurers).
Accessing your personal information held by Teusner & Co
If you wish to access the personal information we hold about you or request correction of it, you should contact the member of our staff responsible for your file or our Practice Manager. Requests should be made in writing.
In most instances we do not charge you for simply making a request to access your personal information. However we may charge a reasonable fee (which will be notified to you once you make a request) for time and cost if an extended amount of time is required to review, collate and/or prepare material for you, and/or if you wish to have your files photocopied for you.
How can you correct and update your information?
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, we also rely on you to provide accurate information and to advise us of any changes to your personal information.
Please contact us using as soon as possible if there are any changes to your personal information or if you believe the personal information we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up-to-date so that we can update our records accordingly.
Have a question or seeking advice? Call the team today on (08) 8563 2627